[mythtv-users] external tuner

mvalites at yankees-suck.org mvalites at yankees-suck.org
Wed Oct 29 13:21:18 EST 2003

Currently, I have digital cable with HBO.  HBO live at channels
30{1,2,3,4,5}.  My tuner card (Avermedia TVStudio) says it only supports
125channels.  Right now, I have the coax going directly into my mythtv
machine.  I'm wondering if putting the machine after my cable box will
give me more channels, and if there's any way to get the upper channels
such as HBO.  I noticed there was something for an extrenal tuner, such as
a cable box, but I'm not quite sure how that would help or what purpose it
would server.  Any info is appreciated.

Thanks,
~Matt