[mythtv-users] Re:slight database problem v.12 RPM

Jarod C. Wilson jcw at wilsonet.com
Tue Oct 28 18:19:22 EST 2003

On Tuesday, Oct 28, 2003, at 10:05 US/Pacific, Jarod C. Wilson wrote:

> On Tuesday, Oct 28, 2003, at 06:54 US/Pacific, Kirby Vandivort wrote:
>
>> http://www.mythtv.org/docs/mythtv-HOWTO-6.html#ss6.4
>>
>> Says to run mysql < mc.sql (paraphrased) to create the initial
>> database.  This is still correct.  This is for a completely fresh
>> install.  If, instead doing the 'create database mythconverg' below,
>> you follow the instructions above, it will create the database and
>> give it the passwords as expected.
>>
>> Unless RPM installs are screwing something else up, I don't see
>> a problem with the docs.
>>
>> mc.sql contains nothing _but_ the create and grant statements at this
>> time.  The code itself populates the empty database and then keeps
>> it up to date, and nothing more.  It trys hard to failsafe if there
>> are any unexpected complications that it runs into.
>
> Hm... It seems the mc.sql file getting dumped onto people's systems
> w/the 0.12 rpms is creating a fully populated mythcoverg database...
> I'll bring it up with Axel, after I do a wee bit more checking.
>
> Thanks for the info!

Check that. The rpm mc.sql does indeed only contain the create and
grant. I think the subsequent steps of populating the database with the
mythvideo, mythdvd, mythgame, etc. .sql files before running
mythtvsetup is what is throwing it off. Trying a reinstall now, with
restructured ordering...

--Jarod

--
Jarod C. Wilson, RHCE