[mythtv-users] Nforce + alsa native support

manu eallaud at yahoo.fr
Tue Oct 28 08:22:27 EST 2003

Le 28.10.2003 20:01:17, Drew Bernat a écrit :
> Does anyone here have Myth's alsa native support working with an
> NForce
> board? Better yet, anyone using SPDIF output with that setup?
>

> I've been trying to get Myth to use the digital output to reduce my
> cable
> runs. Myth is built with ALSA support and I'm trying the latest CVS
> of
>
> ALSA. However, as soon as I enable native ALSA
> (AudioOutputDevice=ALSA:default) playback of anything becomes
> incredibly
> choppy. The console scrolls "Audio buffer overflow, audio data lost"
> and
> "<date> prebuffering pause".
>
> System specs:
> Mythtv CVS from the 24th
> ALSA CVS from today
> Audio output set to ALSA:default (:hw0,0 is the same)
>
> I *think* that the problems are due to the fact that the NForce
> chipset
> locks itself to 48Khz, but I've set Myth to record at that rate
> (settings->recording profiles) and it makes no difference.
>
> If anyone has a working setup, can you send me your configuration?

Apart from the fact that I have bluiesh people, all goes smooth with
mythtv. I am using the btaudio module (I have a Hauppage wintv 401),
all of this atop of my AOPEN nForce2 mobo (I am using the onboard sound
for now).
This has all been correctly detected by my MDK 9.2. The only thing
which does not work is DRI (it is correclty loaded but glxgears lock
the box hard). I am also using mplayer with 5.1 output using alsa and
it works great (alsa version coming with MDK 9.2 is 0.9.something).
HTH
Bye
Manu