[mythtv-users] Re: Timezones, wintertime & Timeoffset

Drew Whittle drew at lug.net.nz
Tue Oct 28 15:59:43 EST 2003

On Tue, 2003-10-28 at 18:45, Isaac Richards wrote:

> The correct solution (and the only one I'll accept) would be to fix tv_grab_sn
> to produce numerical offsets instead of alphabetic timezone abbreviations.  I
> believe that's required by the xmltv 0.6 spec anyway.

Since you don't like the idea of an adjust option I had a look at the
timezone support in mythfilldatabase, and I'm afraid it's all broken (if
my limited c++ understanding is correct, corrections, advice
appreciated)

I'll be fixing it and submitting a patch today hopefully.

This is more of a heads up for people having problems than anything
else.

Details:

Time Zones can't be more than 12 hours...some places (Eg NZ) are
sometimes 13 hours

The input in xmltv is in the form of say +0930 (nine hours, 30 minutes),
but mythfilldatabase doesn't convert this into minutes before comparing
it to max allowed offset, so a lot of timezones get an "Invalid Offset"
error. (eg 930(hrs) > 720(mins), but 570(mins) < 720(mins))

It would appear (to me) that mythfilldatabase ignores the +/- options on
timezones.

Comments?

:D