[mythtv-users] Re:slight database problem v.12 RPM

James L. Paul james at mauibay.net
Tue Oct 28 03:24:33 EST 2003

Keola wrote:
>>A clean setup in 12 populates the >database it's self - so once you are
>>sure the database is empty
>>- no tables- run the mythtvsetup .
>

> I'm also running into this problem from a clean (my first) install.  I'm not sure how to verify that the database is empty (searches only turned up this thread), and I'm not sure how to force mythtvsetup to run and ignore the error message about the populated database.  :(  And I was this close to recording the first episode of '24' tomorrow night...

Have you tried recreating the database after you drop it? This will
result in a database with no tables.

You can make sure the database is empty by looking at it from the mysql
client, use the "show tables" command. There shouldn't be any. ;)

    mysql -uroot -p   (only need -p if the db has a root passwd)

If login is successful, you get a mysql> prompt.

    show databases;

if mythconverg exists in the list,

    use mythconverg;
    show tables;

if tables exist you can drop them by hand.

    drop table <name>;   (do this for every table name)
or
    drop table <name1>,<name2>,<name...>;

It's probably easier to just drop and recreate the database since you
can, as described in the howto. ;)

    drop mythconverg;
    create database mythconverg;
    grant all on mythconverg.* to mythtv@"%" identified by "mythtv";