[mythtv-users] Re:PVR 350 Almost there!!!..... I think

Curtis Fischaber Curtis.Fischaber at xilinx.com
Mon Oct 27 12:51:22 EST 2003

Romel Llarena wrote:

>Curtis,
>
>In one of the threads that I started, Axel suggested
>that I run rpm -qi on the two nvidia packages and to
>follow the instructions. I don't have my machine in
>front of me so I can't give you the exact directions,
>but they do involve making changes to the modules and
>X11 config files. Did you make those changes as well
>to get your system running?
>
>Thanks!

Hi Romel,

Thanks for the reply. I did see Axel's comments, and had similar output
as you posted. It did not mean much to me though other than I noticed we
were using the newer NVidia driver. I tried using my original X11
config, as well as making the recommended changes, like you I could not
get anything to work, except for removing the nvidia rpms. So I did this
(rpm -e) and restored my original X11 settings. I then installed the
NVidia driver, and when I could get in to KDE and no seg faults, I then
updated the X11 settings again exactly from Jarod's instructions. I
could now get into KDE fine using the nvidia driver!

So, I think I basically:
Swap out the following in Jarod's instructions:
# apt-get install nvidia-graphics-kmdl-$KERNEL
# apt-get install nvidia-graphics-glx
With the following:
# sh NVIDIA-Linux-x86-1.0-4363.run
Once I did this I re-started X (prior to updating the XF86Config), made
sure all was still good. It was, so I continued on with the
instructions. Also, the driver install could not find the kernel
interface, so it compiled it (which thankfully completed =)  I hope that
helps?

I just saw the recent threads about the 4496 driver, thanks for those
postings. I think I will stick with the 4363!
Thanks,
Curtis