[mythtv-users] Record Now button?

Ben Curtis fmstratk at coronium.com
Sun Oct 26 19:44:00 EST 2003

So, finally got everything up perfect (after ALSA decided to kill Xwin,
yay!).  Just one thing I'm missing...

There was a post a while back (March) about this called "Manual Recording"
but the archive doesn't have all the posts in it.  I'm really missing the
ability to just hit "RECORD" and have it start recording, then hit "STOP"
(or record again) to stop it.

Is there a way to do this?  From looking at it, I'm thinking I may be able
to bind a key to manually insert a record in the mysql recording table
using the current time, but I don't know how to set stop times for it, or
if it would even work.

For now I've just been waiting for the snippet to end, then manually
copying the buffer ".nuv" file from the PVR250 out, and editing out
everything up to the start, but that takes forever as you can imagine.

If anyone has any suggestions, let me know.