[mythtv-users] Recording profiles changed from Myth .11 to .12 - how to do a per backend profile?

Bruce Markey bjm at lvcm.com
Sun Oct 26 19:22:17 EST 2003

cmisip wrote:
> Just another FYI, I tried to dumb down the settings of the default
> "Software Encoders" group to see if it is actually being used.  It is
> indeed being used but only if there are no host specific profile
> groups.

Correct. As expected.

>   So mythtv is in fact using the host specific profile groups if
> they are present but for some reason, the values it uses for Live TV and
> Default are the default values (not the ones I entered).

Correct. You weren't actually able to enter values for the
profilegroup you created so it used the defaults. After you
first create a new profile you may have seen a list of the
profile names. You may not have noticed that if you tried to
edit any of these the profile name was blank. Anything you
entered at this point was invalid.

The only was to set these right now is: create the group, exit
back to the list of groups, go into the new group, modify the
name, then edit the profiles listed on the next page.

> I am trying now to restore my database to before I even created the host
> specific profiles.
>

> I used mysql to delete the entries you mentioned:
> mysql> delete from profilegroups where id>6;
> mysql> delete from recordingprofiles where profilegroup>6;
> mysql> delete from codecparams where profile>22;
>

> I attached a copy of the output of mysql.
>
> In recordingprofiles ,I seem to have a lot of:
>
>  27 | NULL         | MPEG-4     | MP3        |            0 |
>
> Should I delete this? with "delete from recordingprofiles where id>22;"

delete from recordingprofiles where profilegroup=0;

These are probably the result of when you thought you were
entering the profiles for the new group. There is no profilegroup
"0", they should have been 7 or whatever.

Again, you found a bug this morning so none of this should be
construed as the 'right way' until it is fixed.

--  bjm