[mythtv-users] Install Problems Sound and IVTV

Robert Neel nginfo at comcast.net
Sun Oct 26 18:34:30 EST 2003

I will continue to look through the message boards and facts, but if anyone has any direction I would appreciate it!  I have been struggling through this install for two weeks and can't seem to get this part right.

Install .. following the following instructions: http://pvrhw.goldfish.org/tiki-page.php?pageName=rh9pvr250&PHPSESSID=1b8d12ef6d8fc4e25db4951d08a64b3f

Current Version - Via RPMs - V.11
Using: RedHat 9, Hauppauge PVR-250, Sound Blaster Audigy

Problems:

Two running issues:

1) Everytime I restart Linux the IVTV portion does not seem to load correctly.  However, I do not see any errors in the logs.  What I end up having to do is drop to a shell:

# /sbin/rmmod ivtv
# /sbin/modprobe ivtv

Then run ptune.pl to set the channel for 3.

My conf file looks like:

# For ivtv
path[toplevel]=/lib/modules/`uname -r`/drivers/media/video
# For bttv and saa7134
path[toplevel]=/lib/modules/`uname -r`/v4l2
# default path
path[toplevel]=/lib/modules/`uname -r`
# lirc
alias char-major-61 lirc_i2c
# ivtv modules setup
alias char-major-81 videodev
alias char-major-81-0 ivtv
options ivtv debug=1
options tuner type=2
options msp3400 once=1 simple=1
add below ivtv msp3400 saa7115 tuner
add above ivtv lirc_dev lirc_i2c serial

2) Second problem is with sound.  I am using ALSA and the optical out on the audigy 2 bay - running to my receiver.  When I play anything straight out of the OS it is loud, but if I maintain the same settings and watch tv I can barely hear it.  I have tried uping the recording sound (well, just about every bar there is inside the alsamixer) but have had no luck.

Thanks for your time!

Rob