[mythtv-users] Recording profiles changed from Myth .11 to .12 - how to do a per backend profile?

Bruce Markey bjm at lvcm.com
Sun Oct 26 15:40:19 EST 2003

cmisip wrote:
> So there is no current workaround for actually telling the backends to
> use the host specific profiles?

I didn't quite parse this. The "(Create new profile group)"
does intend to create host specific profiles. Once the bugs are
fixed, or if you work around them for now, it will do what you
need it to do.

>  I didn't need to reenter the host
> specific profiles anyway to change resolutions at this time.  I think I
> entered the correct values.  It would be nice to be able to do this
> though without having to change profile names like you said in the
> future.

Perhaps I wasn't being clear enough that you did find a real
bug and what I was suggesting was a temporary way I found to
get around the bug until it is fixed.

If you do successfully create a new group for your slower
machine's hostname and successfully set the parameters for
that new group, your slower host should use those parameters.

--  bjm