[mythtv-users] Mplayer crashes when run from MythVideo

Chris Cox, N0UK chrisc at chris.org
Sun Oct 26 12:32:44 EST 2003

On Fri, 24 Oct 2003, Peer Sharer wrote:

> Greg, you're spot on. Removing the '&' from the end fixed it! Thanks!
>
> Incidentally, what method does everyone use to launch Mythfrontend?

I start up myth from a dedicated xinitrc script, and I too have problems
kicking off mplayer from within mythvideo.  I found an old workaround
which is to redirect /dev/null into stdin on the command line, but then I
lose control of mplayer whilst it's doing its thing.  This is rather an
annoyance as I cannot pause, skip, mute, etc during playback.

--
73  Chris Cox  N0UK, G4JEC, ex-AB0CN, ex-G8PTC  RNARS #1157  EN34jv33

chrisc at Chris.Org        Ping Jockey's do it until they HEAR the burn...
  WWW Home Page: http://WWW.Chris.Org/   http://www.pingjockey.net
Cultural observation:
	Europeans think 100 miles is a long way;
	Americans think 100 years is a long time!