[mythtv-users] Ati Remote wonder - reliable working setup anyone ?

macksold at yahoo.com macksold at yahoo.com
Sun Oct 26 10:26:17 EST 2003

Mine works great.  Did not use lirc at all though, only the ati_remote
driver from gatos.  Once the driver is loaded you can map the remote
keys to mythtv commands with xmodmap.  I have the following command in
my ~/.bash_profile

# map remote control key codes
if [ "$DISPLAY" = ":0.0"  ]; then
    /usr/X11R6/bin/xmodmap -display :0 - $HOME/.xmodmaprc
fi

here is the contents of my .xmodmaprc

! pause on remote
! pause tv show
keycode  110 = p P
! left of left arrow on remote
! back
keycode  146 = Escape
! right of right arrow on remote
! tv show information
keycode  106 = i I
! volume down
keycode  165 = bracketleft bracketleft
! volume up
keycode  158 = bracketright bracketright
! mute
keycode  166 = bar bar
! channel up
keycode  105 = Up