[mythtv-users] Can't install mythtv-suite on Redhat 9

James Pifer jep at obrien-pifer.com
Fri Oct 24 14:05:13 EDT 2003

I'm trying to install MythTV for the first time. I'm following the doc
at http://pvrhw.goldfish.org/tiki-page.php?pageName=rh9pvr250#sw. The
problem I'm having is this. When I try to run the command for installing
the suite with apt I get this:
[root at mythtv root]# apt-get install mythtv-suite
Reading Package Lists... Done
Building Dependency Tree... Done
or been moved out of Incoming.

that package should be filed. The following information may help to
resolve the situation:

mythtv-suite: Depends: mythvideo (>= 0.11) but it is not going to be
installed
Depends: mythdvd (>= 0.11) but it is not going to be installed
Depends: mythmkmovie (>= 1.0.1) but it is not going to be installed
E: Broken packages
[root at mythtv root]#

I did the following first:

Installed: atrpms-kickstart-14-1.rh9.at.i386.rpm
Ran: apt-get update && apt-get dist-upgrade
Updated the kernel: apt-get install kernel#2.4.20-20_29.rh9.at
kernel-source#2.4.20-20_29.rh9.at

I'm running this with Redhat 9 on a Dell Optiplex 150, PIII 1Ghz with
512 Meg RAM. I'm trying to use a PVR-350.

Any suggestions?

Thanks,
James