[mythtv-users] PVR350 and OSD, X, divx and so on...

Ian Forde ian at duckland.org
Fri Oct 24 10:10:43 EDT 2003

On Fri, 2003-10-24 at 08:38, Torsten Schenkel wrote:
> What I don't get is:
>
> 1. Is there a way to display divx and mpeg2 or DVDs via xine or mplayer?

Yep - if you can get mplayer to play them on its own, then use
mythvideo, which calls mplayer (or xine or ogle for dvds- your choice)
to show them...

> 2. Can the PVR350 display the Myth gui?

Yep.

> 3. Can Dolby Digital be streamed to the sound card's Digital out, while
> the PVR decodes the mpeg stream?

Yep - sort of... I've got a SB Live 5.1, and with AC3 passthrough
enabled, I can hear the DD track of DVDs (and DVDs ripped into vob
files) from mplayer and ogle using mythdvd.

> 4. Is there a howto on the net, howto setup the PVR?

www.mythtv.org.  Click on the Documentation link.
OR
Search the list archives, find any post from Jarod.  Click on the middle
link in his sig...

	-Ian