[mythtv-users] Re: mythtv-suite package

Jarod C. Wilson jcw at wilsonet.com
Thu Oct 23 14:51:49 EDT 2003

On Thursday, Oct 23, 2003, at 13:02 US/Pacific, Ben Curtis wrote:

>> Yep, it wants to grab lirc from FreshRPMs. That makes me certain you
>> don't have all the right repos set up. You're not the first to have
>> this happen, so I wonder if Axel made a change to the
>> atrpms-kickstart,
>> and accidentally left freshrpms off the list...
>>
>> --Jarod
>>

> How would I go about setting this up?  I installed atrpms-kickstart
> fresh
> (14-1.rh9).  Is there just an apt config that I need to modify to add a
> repository URL to?  I'm the old school linux/unix guy, been running
> RH5.0
> forever, so the apt program is new to me.

The prescribed method for getting the right stuff in place is to follow
up your installation of atrpms-kickstart with "apt-get update &&
apt-get dist-upgrade", which should take care of everything for you.
The file you're after though, is /etc/apt/sources.list.

I've checked with Axel, and he certainly has NOT left off freshrpms,
rather it seems you didn't run through the dist-upgrade after
installing atrpms-kickstart. Part of the dist-upgrade replaces
atrpms-kickstart with atrpms and apt proper, along with the
appropriately configured sources.list.

--Jarod

--
Jarod C. Wilson, RHCE