[mythtv-users] mythgame not finding MAME roms

James L. Paul james at mauibay.net
Thu Oct 23 10:36:07 EDT 2003

Mike Drons wrote:
| The command looks ok.
|
| "/usr/local/bin/xmame.x11 -rompath /mnt/nfs/games/roms/ -cheat_file
| /usr/local/share/xmame/cheats -history_file /usr/local/share/xmame/
| -snapshot_directory /usr/local/share/xmame/screens -skip_disclaimer
| -noskip_gameinfo -nocursor -x11-mode 1 -noscanlines -noartwork
| -noautoframeskip  -scale 1 -noantialias -notranslucency   -noanalogstick
| -nomouse -nowinkeys -nograbmouse -joytype 4 -sound -samples -volume -16
| -nocheat  -verifyroms 2>/dev/null"
|
| I get no info in the database.  I have tried dropping and re-adding the
| tables, with no luck.

That looks like the command to run xmame, not a command to scan for
roms. Is that what's it's running to scan for roms?

I'll hack my copy and look at the scan command when I get a chance. As I
said in my original post, I do have a significant delay (about a minute)
the first time I run mythgame, but it's very quick each successive time.
I also said that yes, after the first scan it does have a game in the
database, but only one: puckman. I don't know why it finds that one and
none of the others.