[mythtv-users] WinTV GO

Ray Olszewski ray at comarre.com
Thu Oct 23 09:12:37 EDT 2003

At 08:31 AM 10/23/2003 -0600, Jonathon.Schmidt at sasktel.sk.ca wrote:

>Hey all,
>Thanks for the input,
>I looked at my lsmod and this was the output, along with other info i
>edited out for this message.
>
>Module                  Size  Used by    Not tainted
>tuner                  11808   1  (autoclean)
>tvaudio                15068   0  (autoclean) (unused)
>bttv                   74176   0  (unused)
>i2c-algo-bit            8872   1  [bttv]
>i2c-core               19172   0  [tuner tvaudio bttv i2c-algo-bit]
>videodev                8288   2  [bttv]
>
>I also looked in my hardware browser, where I saw under video capture
>devices, a bt878 Video capture using driver bttv.
>I donno, as far as I can tell this all looks ok.

Then you need to re-read Jarod's earlier reply, this time more carefully.

You said below that you are using a "new" WinTV Go card. Earlier this year,
Hauppauge changed this card from using a bttv-compatible chipset to a
different one, one that requires a different kernel driver. Jared's reply
(retained below) tells you what you need to do. Short version: the bttv
driver very probably is wrong for this card; it needs the cx88 driver (or
you need a different vidcap card).

[...]