[mythtv-users] no sound (until channel changes) with RH9, 0.12, PVR-250, OSS audio

Greg Nyce gknyce at comcast.net
Thu Oct 23 11:19:11 EDT 2003

Have no no problems with MythTV until this release... since upgrading to
0.12, recordings have no audio until I change a channel (in Live TV).
That means that all recordings made since 0.12 have no audio as well
(West Wing with no audio has made wife unhappy - a technopobe, she
depends on mythtv now ;)

The only other thing changed (besides upgrade to 0.12 from 0.11) was an
rpm update to alsa-lib, but I'm using RH OSS audio drivers, not alsa.
`cat /dev/video0 > ./test.mpg` works fine, good audio and video.
Nothing strange from mythbackend or mythfrontend term windows...

Noticed that someone else reported similiar behaviour, they said that
the audio track was present but muted.  Have not been able to wrestle
mythtv box from my kids yet, but will see if this is the case.