[mythtv-users] mythtv/pvr 250: why does it sometimes stop recording?

marduk marduk at python.net
Wed Oct 22 23:00:06 EDT 2003

Every so often, but not always, MythTV will start recording a show, say
a 1 hour show, and early in the show (first 6-7 minutes) will totally
stop.  Of course I don't notice this until after the fact, when I
actually sit down to watch the recording.

Moreover, subsequent scheduled recordings don't go at all, and if I try
to watch a live recording, I get the message that all inputs are being
used for recording (even if it's hours after the original recording was
scheduled).

mythbackend is still running.  If I stop and restart the service,
everything works again (for a while).  I've looked at the log file for
mythbackend and all it says is

        2003-10-21 23:00:02  Started recording  "<show>" ...
        2003-10-21 23:00:02 Changing from None to RecordingOnly
        2003-10-22 00:00:00 Changing from RecordingOnly to None
        2003-10-22 00:00:00 Found changes in the todo list.

There are no error messages.  And even though from the log it appears
that it recorded the entire one-hour show, it only recorded the first
few minutes.

I don't *think* it's the ivtv drivers because I dont' have to reload the
modules or restart the system.  It appears to be a mythtv problem.  I'm
not running out of disc space as I have over 40G available in my
/var/video partiton.

Any help appreciated.

--m