[mythtv-users] RPM packages?

Jarod C. Wilson jcw at wilsonet.com
Wed Oct 22 20:09:09 EDT 2003

On Wednesday, Oct 22, 2003, at 17:08 US/Pacific, Brad Sagowitz wrote:

> Pardon me if anyone has asked this already...

Only in passing within a different thread...

> Any idea when/if the RH9 packages for .12 will be available?

5... 4... 3...

> I'm anxious to try it out!

2... 1... Axel has built 0.12 packages already, and they are available
via the at-bleeding channel from ATrpms right... 0... NOW. They aren't
in the main channel yet, because we're not sure if they'll break for
some people. Axel is now building them with native lirc, native alsa
and xvmc, so we'd like to only have those that are willing to put up
with some possible breakage try them right now. I'm in the midst of
trying them under a few different setups myself, to see if they break
on a system w/o alsa, w/o an xvmc-capable video card, etc.

You're welcome to try them out, and give some feedback though! Just
don't complain too much if they don't quite work right...

(Oh, I've also got some changes to make to that guide thing I wrote,
since parts of it are obsoleted by native lirc...)

--Jarod

--
Jarod C. Wilson, RHCE

Got a question? Read this first...