[mythtv-users] Re: PVR350 Timing issues? (WatchingLiveTV->None->RecordingOnly and vice-versa)

Chris Delis chris at delis.net
Wed Oct 22 10:42:07 EDT 2003

> On Wed, 2003-10-22 at 00:28, Chris Delis wrote:
> > After searching the web some more, it appears that my ASUS A7M266 mobo
> > does in fact have that stupid VIA chipset bug.  The "AMD 761 chipset"
> > name they use to advertise confused me into thinking otherwise. :-(
> >
> > I went to the via website and noticed they have kernel patches for RedHat,
> > Suse, Mandrake, Red Flag, but no DEBIAN!  ARgh...  Anyone know of a
> > Debian patch anywhere?  Or do I simply have to get a new motherboard?
> > I can't do without the PVR350 tvout!
> >

> I don't get it.  Why do the patches depend on the distribution?  Is it
> becuse they are binary patches made for the standard kernels for those
> particular distributions?  If so then you might be able to get the
> config file for, say, the RH dist. and build you own RH-kernel and then
> apply the patch.

They appear to be binary.  Either way, I decided to pull my crappy ASUS
mobo (with stupid VIA chipset) and purchase a new one.  It's not worth
wasting any more of my time nor any of yours :-).  I had a case of
VIA chipset denial and thought that the "AMD 761 chipset" was in the
clear... apparently not.

Cheers,

Chris

> The problem then is that you are stuck with that kernel...

I built my debian kernel from source.  I don't get the drivers either.
I expected the patch to be text file in case I would've been OK.