[mythtv-users] Re: Help with Lirc installation

Nick Deng aliceathome_2000 at yahoo.com
Wed Oct 22 07:43:00 EDT 2003

Thanks, Jarod and all,
Well, I figure it out on that part and here again is conformed by you. Right now, it seems I get
it work. Now I have two questions here, hopefully someone can give me a few pointers :)
First, I have digital cable tv through a cable box and I hook the coax cable to my mythtv box. I
do not think it would work as I have to change channels via my cable box. I wonder if I am right
on this, what is the better ( right) alternative set up for me?
Second, I am using cinerama set up. Well, it took me a while to set it up on a ATI dual head card.
I want to use one of the screens for mythtv, the other one for regular desktop. Right now, the GUI
and TV span/spreed acroos two screens. Any fix on this? I have tried a few fixes found here. Did
not work ( select one of the screens from set up,etc.).
Thanks again for all your help. The Jarod's tutoral is great for newbies such as I am.

Best,
Dan