[mythtv-users] New machine - questions abut hardware

Rasmus rasmus at werket.com
Wed Oct 22 15:04:44 EDT 2003

I'm planning to build a MythTv box and have a couple of questions:

- Is the Nehemiah M10000 1Ghz powerful enough? (I'm gonna have a PVR 250
as TV Card)
- Is it possible to passivly cool that processor?
- Is it possible to use a widescreen monitor instead of a TV?
(http://www.samsung.com/Products/Monitor/LCDMonitor/Monitor_LCDMonitor_172W.htm),
is it possible to set the stretchmode and viewmode to 4:3, 15:9
- Is the speed of the HD an issue, eg. is it possible to use an 4200rpm
2.5" laptop Harddrive?
- Is a 11Mbit WiFi network fast enough to stream from a backendserver?

Alot of questions.. phui..  ;-)

If all goes well I'll have a genious machine in awhile...  ;-)

Rasmus