[mythtv-users] TV-out: Pundit vs. 7NIF2 (MX440) Integrated Graphics

Jarod C. Wilson jcw at wilsonet.com
Wed Oct 22 00:07:11 EDT 2003

On Tuesday, Oct 21, 2003, at 17:44 US/Pacific, Matt Redmon wrote:

> Since it seems like there are a lot of people here using the Pundit,
> I'd
> like to ask your opinion.  Which will yield a better tv-out signal -
> the
> Pundit's tv-out or the MX440 graphics of the 7NIF2?  I ask because I am
> planning on putting together a myth box for Christmas and I've
> narrowed it
> down to either the Pundit or a case I already have (and purchasing the
> 7NIF2).

I don't know how many people have used both of them with the exact same
TV set to be able to really make that determination. I will say that
the nvidia driver provides better acceleration than the sis, but with
enough proc, it is mostly moot. However, with the nForce2 board, you've
also got an additional PCI slot and two IDE channels instead of one.
Get whichever one you prefer. Both work quite well.

--Jarod

--
Jarod C. Wilson, RHCE

Got a question? Read this first...