[mythtv-users] Segmentation fault with MythTV 0.12

jimf at fiberbits.com jimf at fiberbits.com
Tue Oct 21 10:04:22 EDT 2003

I have created a new MythTV box this weekend (0.11, originally) and it seemed to be
working just fine. Next, I saw that 0.12 was available and I figured that now was as
good as anytime to upgrade.

I am running a Gentoo Linux system, also created this weekend just for this
application. I have a PVR-250 card. Since I don't have the PVR-350 card, I did not
upgrade ivtv. Is that a problem?

After I upgraded MythTV and ran it, I would run mythfrontend, bring up the tv, escape
out, then go back to the TV. MythTV would then exit with no messages. Seems
consistent.

I then got "smarter" and ran mythfrontend -v all -l mythtv.log.
I recreated the problem and the console said "Segmentation fault".  I cat'd the log file.
The last several lines are:
Input #0, mpeg, from 'rbuf://127.0.0.1:6543/var/video/ringbuf1.nuv':
  Stream #0.0: Video: mpegvideo_xvmc, 480x480, 29.97 fps, 6000 kb/s
  Stream #0.1: Audio: mp2, 48000 Hz, stereo, 384 kb/s
NV: could not map register space on /dev/nvidia0 at 0xe8000002 for 0x1000 bytes
(Invalid argument)
Unable to create XvMC Context

If someone wants or needs the whole file, just let me know.

Two things different with this build compared to the 0.11 version. I made the Gentoo
equivelant of setting lircd (yes, I used the 0.7.xxx version) and the nividia flag in the
settings.pro.

Any thoughts?

Thanks
Jim