[mythtv-users] Audio issues

Andrew Mahone andrewmahone at eml.cc
Tue Oct 21 02:24:56 EDT 2003

On Tuesday 21 October 2003 00:55, Duncan Thomas wrote:
> This was something I was going to come back to, to see if I could sort
> out at a later stage. Bit deaf (Too many concerts) so I would never
> notice the ALSA benefits anyway :)
>
> I can say that the static eventually overpowered the TV audio going up
> in volume in even increments.
>
> Duncan

Mine doesn't seem to go up at all after it starts.  I just tried with the OSS
drivers, and they do seem to work, I just watched a 15-minute recording
without problems, and they usually start after 2 or 3 minutes.  I noticed
that the OSS drivers doesn't support hardware mixing, and tried disabling the
DXS channels with ALSA, which also appears to fix the problem.  OSS didn't
like live TV for some reason, I got no video and a loud buzzing noise, and
errors about not being able to open /dev/dsp.  If anybody else has this same
problem with this chipset, I suggest they try loading the module with the
parameter dxs_support=2, which seems to resolve it for me so far.

--
  Andrew Mahone
  andrewmahone AT eml DOT cc