[mythtv-users] Frontend lockup when deleting recordings - was:Success story and my own Tivo comparison (long and windy)

Harondel J. Sibble help at pdscc.com
Mon Oct 20 13:42:48 EDT 2003

On 17 Oct 2003 at 14:44, Joseph A. Caputo wrote:

> to lockup, > > > deleting from the delete recordings screen doesn't
> exhibit this behaviour.

> > > That shouldn't happen....
> > Just figured out when this will happen consistently.

Another data point....

I had 2 concurrent recordings (Both recordings started at 10am, the first was
to finish at 11am while the second was to finish at 10:30am) happening this
morning, at about 10:20 I went into the recorded programs screen and started
to watch a show previously recorded.  There was no popup saying that both
tuners were in use. Is this normal?  I ask because the 2nd show that was
recording stopped recording when I started watching the prerecorded show.
The first of the 2 recordings continued on as normal.

Now, after 10:30am which is when the 2nd show finished, I went to view it,
hitting I shows only 2.75 minutes recorded. When it got to that point in the
recording the frontend froze, I had to alt-f4 out, restart the frontend, I
then go into delete recordings, select the truncated show, space bar, yes to
delete and front end hangs again (this was at 10:55). Only way out is killall
frontend. Go back, it's 11:02 all shows should be finished recording, repeat
last step. Start frontend, go to watch tv, it comes up using second tuner
(ati tv wonder - I can tell by the video quality and the noise on some
channels), exit out of that, go to delete recordings, frontend hangs.
Restart frontend, go to recorded programs, frontend hangs.

Look at comp, hdd light is still running, so a recording is ongoing, fire up
mythweb to see what's recording, get error that mythweb can't connect to
backend, do mythbackend status, it shows as running fine, and a ps shows
mysql running fine. Now I'll wait until after 12:00 and try again.

Okay going into recorded programs or delete programs causes frontend lock
requiring a killall.

Going to live tv mode results in black screen (so likely an IVTV issue),
reboot machine, all is fine again, just seems to be a problem deleting while
recording.

--
Harondel J. Sibble
Sibble Computer Consulting