[mythtv-users] required grab EPG fill my database ,tv can watch?

Joseph A. Caputo jcaputo1 at comcast.net
Mon Oct 20 14:45:10 EDT 2003

On Monday 20 October 2003 03:52 pm, chinchen wrote:
> Watch tv required grab EPG fill the MySQL database can work?
> I can't grab EPG from web site at Taiwan fill my database.
> any ideas? help me

If I understand your question correctly, you would like to watch LiveTV but
you have no automatic way to populate your channel database, correct?  If
that is not what you're asking, I apologize; I assume English is not your
first language.  You do not need program listings to watch LiveTV, but you do
need channels defined in your database.  You can do this by using xawtv to
tune the channels you want; then save your xawtv configuration and import the
channels into Myth using 'mythfilldatabase --manual --xawchannels'.  Use
'mythfilldatabase --help' for the specific usage.

This will give you channels but no program listings, so you'll be able to
watch LiveTV but scheduled recordings (other than manual recordings) won't
work.

-JAC