[mythtv-users] Script to create symlinks from numeric to human readable file names

Jeff C tuner at hfx.eastlink.ca
Mon Oct 20 01:05:25 EDT 2003

Hi All,

Attached is a script that a friend (Dale Gass) threw together to run
through your mythtv recordings directory and create another directory with
'pretty' file names, that show the date and title and subtitle of the
shows, so you can easily find recordings you want to transfer to another
machine or otherwise manipulate.

My TV recordings reside on /tv so you'll have to edit the script to reflect
your appropriate directory.  I run this from my root cron once a night.  If
you set a password for your mysqldb you'll need to insert that as well.

Hope you find it useful.

-Jeff