[mythtv-users] Timeouts or unknown socket errors

Michael Greb mikegrb at yahoo.com
Sun Oct 19 13:29:14 EDT 2003

On Sun, Oct 19, 2003 at 10:34:22AM -0400, MegaDeTH wrote:
> I'm getting either timeouts, or unknown sockets when trying to either
> watch recordings, or delete recordings from both of my frontend's.
>
> If I go right into delete or watch, I get "Unknown socket"  when I kill
> the hung frontend I get "unknown socket"
>
> If I first go into setup, or schedualing, and then go into watch
> recordings, or delete recordings, I get no error, the frontend hangs
> untill I kill it.
>

> Anybody have any sugestions?   Everything is cvs as of late last night.

These are both Xboxes with the Xbox LED stuff on, right?  I've noticed
here that things happen better if after starting up the frontend you
wait for the first connection to occur to query backend status.

I need to get a backtrace to see if I can figure out a work around my
Xbox is dead until at least Monday when FedEx delivers a needed part.

Isaac, perhaps having it not wait for the timeout the first time,
just query and set the LED as soon as the frontend starts up?

So MegaDeTH you might try waiting until the LED is set the first time.
What Linux distribution are you using?  I have my setup change the LED
if mythfrontend is killed so my wife or I can see a difference once
mythfrontend comes up and sets it.

Michael