[mythtv-users] CLEXF40030

rwk at americom.com rwk at americom.com
Sun Oct 19 09:54:35 EDT 2003

Hi,

Regarding the PVR-250 MPEG decoder and mythtv...

I noticed that Release 1.2 of the source code for the VIA CLE266 mpeg
library was released sometime in September.  It says:

    "Release 1.2 available. Now up to date with CLEXF40030 driver.

Can anyone tell me if this means that it will now work with mythtv?
(I understood from previous discussions that it was not compatible with
XFree86 drivers and kernel drivers.)

Also, if native mpeg files captured with the PVR-250 mpeg encoder are
transcoded, I assume this means they cannot be played back with the
PVR-250 MPEG decoder.  Is this correct?

Thanks,
Dick