[mythtv-users] Updated dct-channel for controlling DCT-2000 via serial port

Jim Paris jim at jtan.com
Sun Oct 19 03:35:22 EDT 2003

> But for 1.2, it's a ton of stuff.  Here goes...

None of those defines are actually used anywhere, so they won't affect
type sizes or anything.  But 1.3 is using 'cc' and 1.2 is using 'gcc'
for you.  They must be different -- what versions are they?

> Oh yeah - I forgot to mention that bit!  You have a dependency upon
> help2man, which wasn't on my system before... why not just have a static
> man page?  (I'd like to say that I'm one who doesn't update the software
> on my main myth box often, but since I've just spent the last 45 minutes
> updating rpms via apt and am now building 0.12... heh heh heh...)

No, I was careful about that.  There's a static channel.1 distributed
in the archive (check!).  The Makefile rules only regenerate it when
channel.c or version.h changes, not when you just rebuild the binary.

You changed channel.c, so it needed to rebuild the manpage.  Unless
your tar is broken and munges timestamps, though, you normally won't
regenerate it.  Still, I'll modify it to make a dummy manpage if it
wants to rebuild and help2man isn't present.

-jim