[mythtv-users] Suggestion: How about a pre release before each MythTV release?

cmisip cmisip at insightbb.com
Fri Oct 17 21:28:04 EDT 2003

Please, no flames.  It is just a suggestion.  I was wondering If it was
possible to maybe do a pre-myth-.12 release before the actual .12
release and then just proceed on clearing bugs instead of introducing
new features.  I've been a mythtv user since .8.  While each new release
is better than the last, certain bugfixes have to wait till the next
release (or take a chance with CVS).  For example, in Myth .10 I think,
there was the problem with multiple tuner systems assigning the same job
to different encoders.  In myth .11, there is the ff seek hang in
mythfrontend.  I have taken both routes (stick with release or go with
cvs).  I would much prefer sticking with releases because releases are
much more stable. On the other hand, going with cvs gives me the fixes
to these bugs but maybe a more unstable software.  Thanks to all
involved in this project.