[mythtv-users] TV Out on the dreaded Raedeon card

cmisip cmisip at insightbb.com
Fri Oct 17 21:17:14 EDT 2003

so the open source radeon driver which is part of the XFree86 release
has tv out capabilities supported and works with mythtv .11 (with the
pchdtv problems).

and the fglrx driver does have tv out but does not work with mythtv
.11.  This is with the 9800 radeon.

Please correct me If I am wrong.

I just want to be as informed as possible before that 300 dollar
investment.  Currently weighing wether to get a geforce 5900 (upgrade
should be painless ) versus an ati 9800 (faster gaming). TV out with
MythTV is what is important to me for Linux, and 3D acceleration in
Windows.