[mythtv-users] Color (hue)

Bruce Markey bjm at lvcm.com
Fri Oct 17 15:54:34 EDT 2003

Chris Petersen wrote:
>>Try starting video, press F five times to get to the Hue setting
>>then right arrow to 50% and let us know if this fixes it or not.
>>Isaac made the Xv picture settings a TV Settings->Playback option
>>now so you can update and simply turn off the Xv settings but I'd
>>first like to find out if the SIS hue values are reversed.
>

> I get the same exact thing on my workstation with an ATI 7500 Pro.  I
> didn't know that you could change the hue settings for recorded
> programs, so I'll have to check this when I get home.

Right. That's what's a little confusing about the "Global
colour..." thread and this thread. What's new this week is
Ben Levitt's controls for the X settings during playback.
The v4l settings and the Xv settings are very different
things.

The v4l contrast, for example, is too high by default. If
this isn't fixed, the recording will have washed out, blurred
white and near white. Once the recording is distorted there
is nothing that can be done to fix it during playback. The
F1-F8 keys tweak these per channel and Ben added "(REC)" in
the OSD to help clarify that these affect recording. The V4L2
AGC setting also affects the signal before it is recorded.

The "F" key is new and allows setting the Xv controls during
playback. This is a good thing but different video drivers
can support a different subset of attributes, have different
min and max values and, apparently in the case of XV_HUE, may
even use the values in a different way.

--  bjm