[mythtv-users] Various recording profiles

rgoodkin at zaius1.homeunix.org rgoodkin at zaius1.homeunix.org
Thu Oct 16 05:41:26 EDT 2003

Perused the documentation and feel like I have a good understanding
about what is going on with recording profiles, but I figured I would
get clarification.  Here is my setup

Athlon 2100+ on Nforce2-ultra with intel intel8x0 audio
Radeon 9700 Pro with Ati-drivers 3.5.8
Gentoo Linux kernel 2.4.20

I currently have the default profile set to mpeg 4 at 2200.  Does this
mean it is actually encoding mpeg4 on the fly when it records?  I don't
have two tuners, but if I wanted to add a second do my system specs mean
I can record MPEG4 and watch liveTV in the RTJpeg without the system
being overtaxed?

Thanks,
Bob