[mythtv-users] Changing hostname (can't find it in the archives)

Gregorio Gervasio, Jr. gtgj at pacbell.net
Wed Oct 15 20:57:23 EDT 2003

>> Is there a script somewhere to fix the database after
>> a change in hostname, or do I need to manually change
>> every occurrence?

l> I had written a script to automate this but I believe there was a
l> fix implemented in the source. I'm not sure exactly f it was
l> included in .11 or if it was just in CVS and I could be sompletely
l> wrong but I think it allowed you to have a null hostname or
l> something similar.

        I think the new feature is where you can set LocalHostName in
mysql.txt to override the real host name, so you can preserve the old
hostname as far as MythTV is concerned.  See the comments in that
file.
--
Gregorio Gervasio, Jr.