[mythtv-users] Changing channel station names

Gregorio Gervasio, Jr. gtgj at pacbell.net
Tue Oct 14 19:35:15 EDT 2003

>>>>> James L Paul writes:

j> The part I haven't figured out yet is why a program that was scheduled
j> to record _before_ the database is updated still gets recorded at the
j> wrong time. I think it has something to do with having duplicate channel
j> information in the database, one set is correct and the other is not.
j> I'm hoping to make a tool that will flush a specific channel from the
j> database and repopulate it with correct contents that I can use whenever
j> ~ I need to change my channel lineup.

        If the recording is not the "record on all channels" type,
then it uses the chanid at the time you scheduled the recording, which
in your case is the old one (1045).

        To force an update of a few channels, you could create a
temporary xmltv config file with all but the desired channels
commented out and then use the "-file" option of mythfilldatabase to
update the database one day at a time.  Something like this:

tv_grab_na --config-file ~/.mythtv/tmp.xmltv --days 1 --offset $i --output tmp.xml
mythfilldatabase --file 1 $i tmp.xml

(where $i = 0 ... 7)

If you want to do a complete update of all channels, then you may as
well rerun "setup" to clear and repopulate all program/channel
settings.  Either way, you'll probably want to review/redo your
scheduled recordings.
--
Gregorio Gervasio, Jr.