[mythtv-users] Re:PVR-250 and Radio Shack 15-2116

Ann Patterson apatterson at accelrys.com
Tue Oct 14 18:06:35 EDT 2003

>> After doing some research, I'm almost wondering if it's worth it
>> to keep messing with the Hauppauge IR receiver. It only receives
>> the RC-5 remote signals, used by Phillips, etc. I've tried about
>> every RC-5 code I could find with the remote... most will make
>> the LED light on the IR box blink, but irrecord will see nothing.
>
> I have irrecord receiving signals from the 15-2116, but I am having a
> problem with the buttons sending different codes (2 will send 2, then
> send power, etc..). I was able to use the jp1 cable that I built to
> create custom RC-5 codes, but they aren't behaving well. I have seen
> others on this list mention that they have gotten it working.

I have my One For All remote working with the Hauppauge receiver, using
one of the Philips VCR codes. Using irrecord, I found that it toggles
between 2 different codes for each button. How I was able to make it work
was to run irrecord, then press each button twice, and record both codes
for each button. Lirc seems to be able to handle multiple codes for a
given button name, and returns the correct name when the button is
pressed.

--

Ann