[mythtv-users] X10, RF Remotes, and Universal Remotes

Mark R. Cervarich mark at shelfspace.com
Tue Oct 14 13:39:19 EDT 2003

I found this posting from July 2003:
http://www.gossamer-threads.com/perl/mailarc/gforum.cgi?post=71116
That got me thinking about how I might be able to get my abundance of
remote controls under wraps.

I have the old style universal remote:
	http://www.x10.com/products/mp3_2000_remote.htm
which I currently use in my bedroom to control lights (via X10), VCR
and TV.

I have the PC Receiver (http://www.x10.com/products/x10_mr26a.htm)
that has just been collecting dust.

My MythTV setup is a RH9, w/ PVR-250 (and gray remote) which currently
works just fine.

What I'd like to do is get a programmable remote, like the:
http://www.x10.com/products/x10_ur74a.htm or
http://www.x10.com/products/x10_ur73a.htm
(or even at first, just use my old mp3_20000_remote)

and have it control all of my equipment in the living room:
DVD Player, VCR, JVC TV, Kenwood Stereo, and of course MythTV.

Once I connect the MR26A (PC Receiver) to my Myth box, what's the next
step?

Is this even possible?

Does anyone else have a very similar setup?

thanks,
mark

--
Mark R. Cervarich