[mythtv-users] PVR-250 and Radio Shack 15-2116

Will McCracken will at wgm3.com
Tue Oct 14 15:27:04 EDT 2003

On Tue, 2003-10-14 at 14:16, Seth Heckard wrote:

> I have a similar problem... I have both a Freestyle (no IR port)
> and a several year old WinTV model 401 with the big grey IR
> receiver box that plugs into the S-Video port.  I have had no
> luck getting the One For All 8810 (also a JP1 remote) to work
> with it.
>
> After doing some research, I'm almost wondering if it's worth it
> to keep messing with the Hauppauge IR receiver.  It only receives
> the RC-5 remote signals, used by Phillips, etc.  I've tried about
> every RC-5 code I could find with the remote... most will make
> the LED light on the IR box blink, but irrecord will see nothing.

I have irrecord receiving signals from the 15-2116, but I am having a
problem with the buttons sending different codes (2 will send 2, then
send power, etc..). I was able to use the jp1 cable that I built to
create custom RC-5 codes, but they aren't behaving well. I have seen
others on this list mention that they have gotten it working.

> I have not gone as far as to make a JP1 cable yet, as the only
> diagrams I could find are for 25-pin serial and I haven't seen a
> 25-pin serial port outside of Suns for years.  I'm not sure if it
> will work quite right if I adapt it to 9-pin, and I don't have a
> converter handy.

Actually, JP1 uses the parallel port, not the serial port.

-Will