[mythtv-users] Xbox Myth Frontend Questions

James S. White james at jameswhite.org
Tue Oct 14 09:35:00 EDT 2003

The xbox has overscan issues. The video may not reach to the full extent of
the screen. There are a couple things that will stretch the video to the edges,
but they both seem to impact video performance. But when you do not tweak the
overscan, the video playback is very smooth. It is a very viable frontend
option. and with refurbished models selling for $145 US, I'd have a hard time
justifying a mini-itx system for a pure frontend. Note the xbox will not
be very useful as anything else, so if your a tinkerer. You may want an actual
computer.

Just my $.02

James S. White                      GAPS Incorporated
james at jameswhite.org                Electrical Engineer - Etc.
http://www.jameswhite.org           Caffeine is my anti-drug.
I can picture in my mind a world without war, a world without hate.
And I can picture us attacking that world, because they'd never expect it.
                                                               -Jack Handy