[mythtv-users] Xbox Myth Frontend Questions

Michael Greb mikegrb at yahoo.com
Tue Oct 14 10:33:35 EDT 2003

On Tue, Oct 14, 2003 at 08:17:17AM -0500, David Bourgoyne wrote:
> It looks like people have the Xbox running as a Myth Frontend.  Is this
> a viable solution?  What can it playback MPEG2, MPEG4, DIVX?  Does
> MythVideo work?  What are the problems with it?  What would be a better
> solution to a frontend, the Xbox or a mini-itx?

Well the xbox has been working great as a frontend for me.  I'm using
MPEG4 software encoded video at 480x480 with no problems.  DIVX plays
fine as well.  As for MythVideo, you will just have the same
considerations as running any other remote frontend such as making sure
the media is on an NFS share or some such.

One minor annoyance I have found, digital audio out works but I haven't
been able to get mplayer to output multi-channel audio. :/

Michael