[mythtv-users] Hardware Encoding Card

jose rubio debian at nc.rr.com
Tue Oct 14 09:42:09 EDT 2003

On Tue, 2003-10-14 at 01:56, Mark Meenahan wrote:
> I have a Pentium 3 500 MHz and I am wondering if a tuner card with onboard
> MPEG-2 encoding would work on this machine?  I know the Hauppauge 350 has
> hardware encoding & decoding; would this work in a P3 500MHz?  What about
> watching live TV as well as recording (and playback) of shows?

I don't see why it would not work.  Both the 250 and the 350 are regular
pci cards, your processor speed should not matter, it would make a HUGE
dif if you were not using encoder cards though.  With a 500MHz you would
really want the 350.

> Anyone bought a Hauppauge 350 lately? Where and what price? Wondering where
> a good deal can be had.
>
> Thanks,
> -Mark

I just ordered my 350.  I've been tracking it.  those lazy bas*ards at
fed-ex did not work yesterday (columbus day) so I don't have it yet.
paid about U$D190 including shipping.  Got it from pagecomputers.com.
can't say I recommend them since it's the first time I order from them
and I haven't received the order yet...  so far so good tough...

-jose-