[mythtv-users] ASUS Pundit SIS driver per Jarod's FAQ

Jeff C tuner at hfx.eastlink.ca
Mon Oct 13 11:27:14 EDT 2003

At 12:00 AM 10/13/2003 -0700, you wrote:

>Yeah, I use the default bitrates too, so I suppose that would be why I've
>never had to set anything. I can see having to set the bitrate, but I
>still think that MythTV is supposed to set the resolution, based on your
>recording profiles...
>
>>>And thank you. I've got a slightly updated version posted now, with more
>>>changes to come shortly. Gotta get crackin' on the update section, since
>>>Isaac just said 0.12 should be out within a week or so...
>>
>>Another thing I'll recommend, is when people use gdmsetup to configure
>>the auto-login - I would HIGHLY recommend instead of auto-logging in at
>>as user mythtv, to instead login after 5 seconds.  This way, if something
>>goes awry with all your autostarting of myth etc (in my case, I managed
>>to concoct something that resulted in a system lock) you can actually cut
>>in as root and disable to diagnose.  I got myself caught in a loop that
>>meant I couldn't find a way to stop the init process so the machine would
>>loop and lock and I had to reinstall.
>
>Aiee! Not good. Okay, I'll see about making that adjustment tomorrow.

One more thing I would recommend, while you're editing, and thanks for
maintaining this doc Jarod...  I noticed some of the sections are really
long, and you tend to slip in some great tips within them, that aren't
strictly the same as the topic, or might otherwise be of interest to
someone even if they don't do the whole section/need to do the whole
section.  If I could make a suggestion, I would use more headings and split
things in to smaller pieces.  It helps avoid both intentional and
unintentional skipping of important steps.  IE I would suggest making the
artsd disable part a specific step, as well as a few others.  I can skim
through and recommend the spots I noticed, if you want?

-Jeff