[mythtv-users] Can't change font sizes

Torsten Schenkel torsten.schenkel at web.de
Sun Oct 12 22:45:34 EDT 2003

On Sun, 2003-10-12 at 10:39, * wrote:
> Hello, when I select smaller fonts for "Small" "Medium" "Big" it only affects
> the fonts in the Setup Menus.  The fonts in the TV Menus are still as big as
> ever.  In particular I would like to reduce the font sizes for the Program
> Guide.  I watch TV sitting right in front of my monitor so there's no reason to
> have the fonts so huge.  Ideally I would like to be able to display about 20
> channels at a time.  I really like the mythweb interface but it's not very
> convenient to switch backwards and forwards between mythweb and mythfrontend.

I don't know if there is a way to change them in teh setup menus. You
can edit the ui.xml file manually. It's not that difficult, just take
your time reading it and change the font definitions at the top of each
section. (Make sure you backup you modified files as each reinstall, cvs
update and such will overwrite the files.)

Torsten