[mythtv-users] Multiple Tuners/Digital Cable (Newbie)

Mike Green mikey at linuxwiz.org
Sun Oct 12 13:03:10 EDT 2003

On Sunday 12 October 2003 11:07 am, Jarod C. Wilson wrote:

> at $350 max, not $480. Perhaps you though I was suggesting two 250s and
> a 350, but what I was intending to suggest was a 350 *in place of* one
> of the 250s, so only two cards total.

Ah, I see.  I misunderstood what you were saying.  I see a problem with two
cards only though.  If I happen to be recording via the pvr350, I will not
be able to view via a card with a decoder at the same time.  This is why I
wanted to view with a decoder only card (that does not record), to keep
from tying up a capture by viewing.

I guess this leads me to another question.  Does the viewing only card need
to be "supported" by mythtv if it is not being used to capture?  I assume
when viewing I am viewing a buffer from the capture, so can I use a card
with a decoder that is supported by X?  If not, then you are probably
correct, a pvr-250 and pvr-350 would be the way to go.