[mythtv-users] network schedule changes and database not updating

Vinton Coffman vintonc at redzone.com
Sat Oct 11 00:42:43 EDT 2003

I had "Miss Match" scheduled for "Weekly recording" and NBC made a
schedule change (IYRC story regarding this on cnn.com) moving the show
from 8 pm to 9 pm.  They also replaced "Boomtown" with L&O:SVU at 10
pm.  I don't know when the change was made but zap2it.com has the
correct schedule listed for my cable system but my database does not.

Should mythfilldatabase or xmltv have caught this and updated the
database and EPG?

I usually run mythfilldatabase at 4:30 am.  If mythfilldatabase or
xmltv can catch this I could re-run it just before 8:00 pm.  This is
when I do most of my recording.

Yeah I know, this one is hard to repeat for testing.  This will
probably happen a few more times as the networks jockey shows around to
try and capture more ratings on a given night.

Thanks,
Vinton