[mythtv-users] Native LIRC question

Harry Orenstein ho_9 at hotmail.com
Fri Oct 10 15:49:35 EDT 2003

Fresh from my success getting help with XvMC support, I feel I have to press
my advantage (always ride a winning streak into the ground, it's what keeps
Vegas in business).

I have seen several messages in the archive from people trying to get native
LIRC support working in Myth but have not found a solution to my problem.  I
enabled the lines in settings.pro and copied the lircrc in configfiles to
~/.mythtv but still cannot get Myth to recognize my Hauppauge remote
(PVR-250) without using irxevent.  Is there anyway I can get debugging
output from mythfrontend to find out if it is recognizing the signals or
connecting to the lirc device or somesuch?

When I run irw the lircd log shows the process connecting and disconnecting
from the device, but I never see anything in the lircd log for Myth.  I'm
thinking that maybe there is still some interference from the 0.6 original
lirc (installed then removed before I installed 0.7pre2).  I have two lirc
devices: /dev/lircd and /dev/lirc/0.  Maybe Myth is trying to connect to the
wrong one?? (/dev/lircd seems to be the right one since irw uses it).

Any suggestions would be more than greatly appreciated (I'm trying to insure
that my barber has something to do the next time I go in for a haircut).
[i.e.: pulling my hair out]  ;-)

TIA!!

-- Harry O.