[mythtv-users] NoMachine NX

Joseph A. Caputo jcaputo1 at comcast.net
Fri Oct 10 12:49:34 EDT 2003

This was on Freshmeat this morning -- has anyone used this?

http://freshmeat.net/branches/39095/
http://www.nomachine.com/developers.php

It supposedly can forward arbitrary protocols -- including sound.  I'm
wondering if it might be a way to run an extremely lightweight frontend
(i.e., one that wouldn't even have to do decoding).  Of course the first two
stumbling blocks that come to mind are network bandwidth (easily solved) and
Xv support.  I suppose if you've got a 'frontend server' beefy enough to
handle software scaling, it might work.  Might be worth a look, FWIW.

The technical papers, at any rate, are an interesting read.

-JAC